The new, 'Integrated Incentive Award Programme replaces the 'badges' scheme familiar to New Zealand gymnasts for generations. GymSports New Zealand has spent two years reviewing the disparate programmes available across all gymsports and integrated them in to a single programme, accessible to all affiliated GymSports New Zealand members only.
Incentive Awards now consist of award streams in Aerobics, Artistic Gymnastics, Rhythmic Gymnastics and Trampoline. The traditional badge levels of Grade One to Elite have been replaced with awards from Levels One to Seven, with the addition of GymSports Excellence Awards, available to those participating across multiple GymSports streams.
Each award level is divided in to four sections; Conditioning, two Skills sections and Routines. The Conditioning activities are same across all streams. Paricipants who successfully complete level requirements in three GymSports streams are eligible for the GymSports Excellence Award in the relevant level.
The Incentive Awards Programme:
- Consists of seven levels in four GymSports streams
- Is open to affiliated GymSports NZ members (schools can be affiliated via thier nearest member club)
- Is open to male and female participants aged six and over in all GymSports streams
- Should be coached at Levels One to Four by coaches who have attended the Basic Skills and Recreation Coach courses, and at Levels Five to Seven by coaches who have attended the Junior Coach course in the appropriate gymsport stream
- Must be tested at Levels One to Four by Level One judges in the appropriate gymsport stream and at Levels Five to Seven by Level Two judges in the appropriate gymsport stream
- Includes and optional "Passport", available for purchase by each participant, to record their progress and achievements and enable reliable record-keeping and portability between clubs.
On successful completion of a level in any stream, participants can be awarded with a metal badges and certifiate specific to that stream and level. Clubs are responsible for the administration of the programme, including submitting result for Award purchases.
Clubs - For more Incentive Awards information and resources, contact your local GymSport Officer.
Incentive Award update - From June to October 2010, 49 GymSport Member Clubs have got up and running with the new programme.